Jewelry Wardrobe Basics – NecklacesPosted: April 5, 2012
I was asked by a good friend of mine (thanks Katie!) to do a “jewelry wardrobe essentials” post. I have thought about this a lot and even attempted a post on it a few months ago but it seems so daunting. What are the pieces that every woman needs in her jewelry wardrobe? What works with all her clothes for every occasion?? Well, I am going to just jump right in and tackle this post.
Here are the categories and photo examples of necklaces that I think are essential:
1. Long Necklace. Example: Plaza Hotel Letter “C” Bronze with Silk Ribbon, Lulu Frost $368
2. Statement Necklace. Example: Pearl, Silver and Rhinestone Collar, Iosselliani $450
3. Mid-Length Necklace. Example:
4. Chunky Stone Necklace. Example: Brass and Quartz Crystal Necklace, Xenia Mara Designs $325
5. Delicate Fine Necklace. Example: 18K Gold Diamond Dot Necklace on Sterling Silver Chain (Oxidized), hitchcock Madrona $695 (price depends on the size of the diamond – this one is a 10 pt stone)
6. Chains Necklace. Example: Vintage Copper Layers w/ Peach Pearls, Xenia Mara $330
As you can image, these necklaces can be worn in an infinite number of layering combinations. Also, every necklace here can be worn with a white t-shirt and jeans, as well as, a little black dress. I encourage women to wear the jewels they love everyday and in every way – that is particularly important in a city like Seattle (where casual is an understatement).
Here I am wearing all of them at once! (Diamond is hidden in my shirt)
What category did I leave out? Strand of pearls? What can’t you live without in terms of necklaces? Feel free to comment and I will do a continuation of this post. Please, give me suggestions!
More posts regarding jewelry wardrobe to come. Earrings next!